Wednesday, February 20, 2008

AdSense

W00t! I made a whopping $0.97 yesterday, hahaha. I think there is potential for this, although my lack of ability as a writer will probably be the highest impedance towards making any dinero. It will be pathetic when I get an end-of-year tax statement from Google saying "Your total earnings for 2008 were: $0.97"... h4w

On a related note, I finally got a fund transfer _initiated_ in Prosper.com just now. It will take up to MONDAY to start being able to use it, ugh. I see now why people have been complaining that fund transfers take a while, so you definitely want to have money queued up and ready to go. Also, in the last few days I've been playing with it and Prosper.com seems like it definitely takes some time to find worthy candidates. I've primarily been sticking with low DTI, AA-rated people with housing and verified bank accounts (i.e. people with means who are just trying to get in the black and want a slightly better rate), but the number of people like that are loooooooow, so I may have to diversify into the whole "prime-select" category (i.e. < 40% DTI, AA-rated, 0 delinquencies on accounts). And there's nooooo way in hell I'm going to use 'standing orders' (auto-bidding based on your custom-defined rule-set). I find looking at actual profiles helps in a big way. Also, from what I've heard, avoid borrowers looking for help with medical expenses and entrepreneurs. Despite even an AA rating, there's a lot more inherent risk (for obvious reasons).

I think probably the BIGGEST advantage to Prosper.com is helping out someone you personally know (that you can trust!) who has means to help themselves get out of debt. I have a friend who has means and is slowly climbing out of debt, but he could do it a lot faster with both Propser.com and my help, and I can trust him -- it's a win-win situation in this case, and Propser.com makes it easy for me to help him since they handle all the hard/dirty work. I can even comment on his profile and give recommendations to entice others to help out and give him a better rate -- not bad!

I'll have more updates about Propser.com come Monday, once I actually start being able to use it. Be sure to check back before then!

~hhh.cubed ^_^

No comments: