Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sniping Debt

Wow, I never thought I'd have so much trouble bidding on debt on Prosper.com, but I'm getting outbid left and right! Every day I get new outbid notices... I never even had this much trouble on eBay! I think I figured out the trick, though: you can still bid on 100% funded people! Once they're 100% funded, if there is still time left on the loan any bid is fair game, you just have to come in lower. I was getting outbid by like 4% for some AA-rated borrowers, sheesh!

With life being busy as hell it's a bit difficult to keep up with a whole queue of "auctions" but then again I guess that's what power eBayers do all the time. Someone really needs to make a good widget to track their auctions (and end times) on Prosper.com. I suppose I could dust off the old Apple Dashcode app...

~hhh.cubed ^_^

No comments: